CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 COMPLIANCE
Marketfleet Inc. (and its subsidiaries, collectively “Marketfleet”) is dedicated to conducting business in a lawful and ethical manner. At Marketfleet, we are well-positioned to drive sustainable growth by building our brands and developing our business systems in ways that responsibly address the use of earth’s resources. In line with our Social Responsibility initiatives, this includes a commitment not only to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, but also to conducting our business worldwide in accordance with our deep respect for human rights.
Marketfleet understands that political, social, or economic conflicts may be directly or indirectly financed by the mining of and trade in “conflict minerals.” The term “conflict minerals” refers to tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold (“3TG minerals”), and the ores from which they originate, that are mined in the DRC region. The 3TG minerals are present in the manufacture of a variety of commercial products, including some of our products. Because of our support for the human rights of all people and our concern that materials in our supply chain may be inadvertently used to limit human rights, we are taking additional steps to understand whether any 3TG minerals that may be contained in our products are used to finance the conflict in the DRC region. As such, we will take the following steps to determine the use, source and origin of 3TG minerals in our global product portfolio across our business segments:
- Work closely with our suppliers to determine the potential use of 3TG minerals in our supply chain and, when appropriate, work with them to remediate issues and source more responsibly.
- Expect that any of our suppliers that may use 3TG minerals to conduct the necessary inquiry and, where appropriate, additional due diligence to provide us with confirmation of the source of the materials used in their processes and ultimately present in our products.
- Encourage our suppliers to advocate and actively action our philosophy of sourcing 3TG minerals from socially responsible suppliers, including conflict-free mines in the DRC region.
ATTENTION CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California's Proposition 65 (Prop 65) entitles California consumers to receive special warnings for products that contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm if those products expose consumers to such chemicals above certain threshold levels. We know you're concerned about product safety and Marketfleet takes all necessary steps to comply with all applicable safety and health requirements.
On makretfleet.com, we provide a Prop 65 link under Other Info for each item that requires the Prop 65 warning. If a Prop 65 link does not appear in the Other Info section for the product you wish to purchase, the supplier of the product has indicated that it does not require the Prop 65 warning.
Nevertheless, the general Proposition 65 notice is as follows:
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
In addition, there may be specific warnings for the following products if the product includes a link to this page in the Additional Info tab:
- Ceramic Tableware - WARNING: Use of this tableware will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Patterns identified with the yellow triangle symbol are the ones for which this warning is given.
- Lead Crystal Products - WARNING: Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Painted or Decorated Glassware - WARNING: The materials used as colored decorations on the exterior of this product contain lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Propane Gas - WARNING: This fuel, and byproducts or combustion of this fuel, contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
PVC Coated Products or PVC Coated Wires, Cords, Plugs & Connectors - WARNING: The plastic on this product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
Espresso Machines - WARNING: Consuming beverages that have been prepared in this espresso machine will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Holiday String Inflatables with Lights - WARNING: Handling the coated electrical wires of this product exposes you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash your hands after handling this product.
Lamps - WARNING: This lamp contains lead, an element known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm. Wash your hands after handling.
As you can see from above, our actions on conflict minerals support and evidence of Marketfleet’s long-term commitment, are direct towards respecting the human rights of all people and to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.